Corporate criminal law
The firm works in criminal matters involving consulting and representing individuals and companies, with solutions designed to meet the demands of each client.
Our consulting services include:
- Advice on criminal risks related to the company, its managers and third parties. Criminal exposure assessment of new businesses and technologies (e.g., fintechs, insurtechs and startups in regulated markets).
- Due diligence on stressed assets to be acquired or traded by our clients, focusing on the analysis of legal and property risks arising from criminal and sanctioning processes.
- Drafting of legal opinions related to criminal matters of interest to our clients.
Our representation services include:
- Strategic criminal representation in cases of high relevance to our clients, including defense of executives and employees, as well as the company’s own interests in criminal proceedings.
- Negotiation of agreements with public authorities to resolve criminal or sanctioning demands (e.g. plea bargain, leniency agreements, conduct adjustment term, etc.).
- Criminal litigation for companies with less complex criminal claims, associated with the day-to-day business, including the preparation of requests for the initiation of an investigation, monitoring of criminal proceedings, depositions follow-up, responses to official letters from police or judicial authorities, defense of employees, among others.